The Impact of Stress on Health and Hormones: Why Cortisol Matters
Stress is a prevalent issue that affects everyone and can significantly affect the body. Discover how cortisol, the stress hormone, can impact overall health and learn the steps you can take to regain balance and well-being.
Understanding Stress and Cortisol:
- Stress can take the form of emotional, mental, or physical stressors
- Chronic stressors lead to cortisol dysfunction, whether you feel like you are handling the stress well or not
- Chronically high cortisol levels can lead to hormone imbalances and various health issues
- Stress management is essential for overall health and well-being
Effects of Chronically High Cortisol Levels:
- Decreased production of testosterone, estradiol, progesterone, and thyroid hormones
- Increased inflammation, affecting hormone function within cells
- Insulin resistance/metabolic syndrome, increasing the risk of diseases like diabetes and cardiovascular disease
- Insomnia, fatigue, anxiety, moodiness, irritability, depression, foggy thinking, poor memory, hair loss, reduced sex drive, and erectile dysfunction in men
Taking Control of Stress and Cortisol:
- Test for cortisol dysfunction: Check salivary cortisol levels throughout the day to identify imbalances Link to Cortisol testing COMING SOON!
- Try adaptogenic herbs: Let Dr. Scott choose the appropriate mix of herbs to help balance your cortisol levels and improve your overall well-being. Purchase our recommended adaptogenic herbs here: Link to store COMING SOON!
- Embrace lifestyle changes: Meditation, prayer, yoga, tai chi, breath work, and relaxation exercises can help manage stress.
The Importance of an Integrative Approach:
- Addressing cortisol imbalances is crucial for optimal health
- Recovery from cortisol dysfunction can take months, but improvement is possible with the right approach
- No magic pill or quick fix exists; long-term commitment to change is necessary
Take Action for Your Health:
- If you suspect stress may be affecting your health, call 704-282-9355 to make an appointment
- The sooner you address stress and cortisol imbalances, the sooner you can regain your health
Don’t let stress continue to dictate your health and well-being. By addressing cortisol imbalances and embracing lifestyle changes, you can take control of your life and regain optimal health.
Want to have your cortisol tested? Try our 4x day saliva testing (the most accurate for testing cortisol). Link to our cortisol testing COMING SOON!
If you think you may be suffering from the effects of stress, call us at 704-282-9355 and make an appointment. The longer you put off addressing this issue the longer it will take to regain your health.