Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis: An Autoimmune Challenge and the Importance of Gut Health
Hashimoto’s thyroiditis is an autoimmune disease where the immune system attacks the thyroid gland. Learn how addressing gut health and inflammation can help manage Hashimoto’s and improve overall well-being.
Understanding Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis:
- An autoimmune disease affecting the thyroid gland
- Often goes undetected due to initially normal thyroid labs
- Requires monitoring of thyroid antibody levels for accurate diagnosis
The Importance of Gut Health:
- Gut health plays a crucial role in autoimmune diseases
- Poor diet or stress can cause increased permeability, allowing harmful substances to enter the body
- Inflammation and immune response can result, sometimes attacking healthy tissues like the thyroid gland
Dr. Scott’s Approach to Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis Treatments:
- Address inflammation: Implement an anti-inflammatory/autoimmune diet
- Fix the gut: Focus on healing the gut to prevent further inflammation and immune response
- Use low-dose naltrexone: Dampens the antibody response to the thyroid, making it easier to manage levels
- Address low thyroid function
- Monitor thyroid antibody levels: Ensure accurate diagnosis and effective treatment
WANT TO HAVE YOUR THYROID TESTED? – Coming Soon!
Take Action for Your Thyroid Health:
- Schedule an appointment with Dr. Scott at 704-282-9355
- Address the root cause of Hashimoto’s by focusing on gut health and inflammation
- Work towards restoring normal thyroid function and overall well-being
By addressing inflammation and gut health, you can effectively manage Hashimoto’s thyroiditis and improve your quality of life. Contact Dr. Scott today to begin your journey toward better thyroid health.
Call today to schedule an appointment: 704-282-9355